In the wider context of social responsibility after the government’s announcements regarding restrictions of movement, KODEP undertakes from the very first moment, new activities, with the aim of providing holistic support and assistance to the citizens and residents of Piraeus, in order to tackle the social impact of C19 outbreak.
In this scope, we designed and developed new initiatives and interventions to intensify the provision of goods and services to the most vulnerable groups of our fellow citizens. By constantly recording their needs and requests, we stand by the side of our fellow human beings, offering the best possible support and assistance on a daily basis.
With the slogan “You stay home – We take care of you”, KODEP staff together with the active participation of volunteers, implements on a daily basis the following actions:
- Recording requests and needs of citizens and residents of Piraeus
- Prioritization of socially vulnerable groups
- Provision of basic food packages, such as oil, honey, pasta, rice, canned food, tomato juice, baby milk and creams, sugar, flour, etc.
- Distribution of personal hygiene items and cleaning products, such as baby diapers, shampoos, body cleansers, soaps, household cleaners, detergents, etc.
- Provision of medicines to chronic patients and people with disabilities, such as the elderly, the disabled, etc.
- Provision of psychosocial and psychological support via telephone sessions with a psychologist
- Intensification of the activities of “Help at Home” program
- Information and support of citizens and people who are alone, regarding the necessary C19 protection measures
- Support in the process of electronic medical prescriptions in collaboration with the relevant agents
Our goal is to strengthen the residents of our Municipality, in this unprecedented situation that we face, through our individual support and social contribution, with a strong sense of solidarity and social responsibility towards our fellow human beings.